DWP – Account Developer
January 2016- Present
I work collaboratively with other team members to provide the whole range of administrative support services required. I am expected to support a number of teams/functions within the operational area and am expected to have sufficient knowledge of at least one other role to be able to offer support and cover during annual leave and sickness absence.
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of divisional administrative functions to ensure efficient and effective business support services are provided to the DWP Universal Credit the tasks expected of me are:
- Local information management using established Probation systems
- Assisting with the production of core processes including Corporate Support processes.
- Processing and recording documents in relation to goods and services
- Administering room bookings, meetings and events
- Responding to external and internal telephone enquiries and personal callers
- General Office Administration
- Handling printing requests
- To use keyboard skills to produce and present documentation effectively
- To respond to correspondence and queries as required
- To record, supply and retrieve accurate data from computerised systems and provide management information to strict deadlines
- To organise and store efficiently paper based information
- To deal with sensitive and confidential data in accordance with data protection requirements
- Use communication effectively
- Participate in meetings where appropriate:
New Look- Sales Assistant
May 2015 – Present
Currently I am working hard as a retail sales assistant with excellent communication skills with a proven background in customer services. I like the buzz of working in retail and especially when it is a busy sale period.
I enjoy working to targets and thrive on the challenges that I have working in a retail environment. I have experience in store merchandising and dealing with stock and deliveries as well as sending out orders.
I am neat and organized and work in a quick, efficient yet methodical manner. I enjoy working as part of a team environment and ensure that the store I work in meets and exceeds its targets. In my role in retail, I serve my customers and deal with stock and merchandising as well as providing good customer service. My responsibilities include:
- Serving and assisting customers
- Dealing with stock and deliveries, ensuring the stock in the right location
- Keeping the store clean and presentable at all times
- Merchandising and point of sale
- Providing good customer service
- Coming up with ideas for promotions and offering these to our customers.
Creative Leigh – Creative Practitioner of Art and Design
June 2014- October 2015
- Building a brand image for a local art gallery through design and planning work. This recent voluntary placement is being completed alongside my full-time role but involves a high level of responsibility which I already feel I can make positive changes to
- Responsibilities include designing and creating logos for start-up projects
- Creating and facilitating art workshops for children to attend during the summer holidays to engage with the gallery and with art from a young age and to encourage the community to be creative
- Creating a social media base for the gallery including Twitter and Facebook
BA Joint Honours Fine Art & Product Design Degree at York St John University.
May -June 2013
Create 13 BA (Hons) Fine Arts Graduate Exhibition: This Is Who We Are – York St John University and The New School House Gallery Peasholme Green, York.
March – June 2012-The Secret Tea Party
Through this time I volunteered with a group of students and Helen Turner to create the secret tea party event for a private organisation working with York Open Studios on two separate dates as well as working for a three week period preparing for the workshop day and the secret tea party event.
March– April 2012
Volunteered at York Hospital to work with the Katheryn Hetherington (Art and Design Project Coordinator) , Gill Greaves (Art and Design Officer ) as well as Lesley Sagar (The resident artist at that time). The roles I was entrusted to do over the time that I volunteered were to shadow Kathryn as well as learn administration of the art and design department.